Now that you have your SPM results in hand, deciding on your career path is probably among the biggest dilemmas you are facing.
Where is the best place to study?
What programme should you enrol for?
Whatever you decide, don’t worry too much about making the wrong decision as there are always options to change paths down the line.
Quick Tip: Check your SPM result online here
Just know that there is a whole world of exciting opportunities for you to explore.
How to finance your studies?
Once you decide on a course of action, the next major challenge is to fund your studies.
For Malaysian school leavers, you are lucky to have the option of applying for a National Higher Education Fund study loan, commonly referred to as PTPTN (Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Nasional).
PTPTN was set up to provide education loans for Malaysian students pursuing their tertiary studies at local higher education institutions (private and public), and over RM50 billion has been disbursed to over two million students since 1997.
PTPTN loans are divided into three categories – full, partial and tuition fees only. Eligibility for application is determined based on monthly household net income and number of dependents in your family.
The following are prerequisites to apply for a PTPTN study loan:
• You are a Malaysian national under 45 years old
• You have an offer letter for a programme at a local institution approved by PTPTN
• You have a valid SSPN-i/SSPN-I Plus account. Click here for details.
• For those already studying at a local high education institution, you have more than one year left to complete your programme
6 easy steps to apply for a PTPTN loan
For first time applicants, follow the 9 easy steps below to apply for a PTPTN loan:
1. Click on this link to register.
2. Choose PENDAFTARAN PERMOHONAN PINJAMAN.
3. Complete all required information under registration. Then tick the Terms & Condition box before you click DAFTAR. Click the pay button for payment process.
4. Choose one of your preferred online banking services. Insert a valid email address. Click the BAYAR button with FPX for further process.
5. If the transaction is successful, a payment receipt will be displayed.
6. Applicants may register for a new application after successfully making a payment.
For first time applicants who have already registered with a Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) pin number:
1. Click here.
2. Please fill up the necessary information to register. Then, click on the DAFTAR button for further processing.
3. Applicants can register for a new application after successfully registering for the first time.
If you face any issues or are unsure about the procedure, just call the PTPTN Hotline at 03-2193 3000 and their friendly counselors will be ready to assist you!
Be the Best. Be a Limkokwing graduate!
For over two decades now, Limkokwing University has been producing world-class graduates with the skills and mind-set to pursue successful careers in their chosen fields.
At Limkokwing University, you have the opportunity to learn, train and interact with students from over 160 countries in a globalised environment that exposes you to diverse cultures and ideas.
Find out more about the world of exciting opportunities available at Limkokwing University today by clicking here.